Tuesday, October 11, 2005

 

Six delicious hours; no, make that five

I heard once that Queen Elizabeth espoused the fittingly imperious notion that six hours should be enough daily sleep for any fully functioning adult, and I'm testing that theory, whether apocryphal or not. I've turned into a human whirlwind while weaving my weblet (link to my other blogs in the sidebar) this past weekend, and I'm finding it very hard to go to sleep, though I must be bright-eyed and bushy-tailed before my class of two discerning and enquiring ESL students by 8:30, and the drive to get there is half an hour. Eight hours of dreamtime is more like it for me, and I'll address the issue of sleep in the near future, once I've experienced a fair amount of the stuff for myself.

As I sit here at the stroke of midnight, mind blazing with live connections, I think about another interesting piece of the global puzzle imparted to me this morning by my Turkmen student (see previous post--sorry, I'm usually extremely good about links, but I'm POOPED!). Today I found out that children in Turkmenistan learn in Muslim school that Buddha, Jesus and Mohammed are all equally valid prophets, and that they all say essentially the same things.

Makes you wonder when a country that most Americans don't even know exists is light years ahead of us as far as understanding the interconnectivity of all human cultures goes.

Innit, now?

I am just now barely coherently yours, but eager to forge ahead -
the Naked (and sleeping) Animal

illustration link (japanese)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?